How much Insulation do I need?
The answer to that will depend on:
- what type of building you are insulating (domestic or non-domestic, new build or refurbishment),
- where you need to insulate (walls, roof, floor etc),
- how the building work is constructed (materials used etc) and,
- where in the UK the project is located (the rules are can differ for England, Scotland, Wales and NI).
To find out what minimum U-Value you need to achieve for your project to comply with building regulations, please go to:
- The Health and Safety Executive for projects in England
- Gov.scot for projects in Scotland
- Building Control Northern Ireland for projects located in Northern Ireland
So there we are, hopefully this will help a little in your understanding of Insulation values. If you do have any questions or would like to discuss your insulation requirements, please feel free to give us a call on +44 20 3289 8600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatwool.co.uk does not accept liability for loss or damage arising from the use of this information.